BenSwann.com has become TruthInMedia.com CLICK HERE to learn more.
Today the Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC) endorsed U.S. Senate candidate Lee Bright against Sen. Lindsey Graham. This is the first time a major national organization has backed a specific opponent of Lindsey Graham’s in this race. Sources told Benswann.com that the endorsement was unanimous after a detailed consideration process, candidate survey, and direct Q&A with the candidate.
According to the RLC, the other Graham opponents declined to fill out surveys to go on the record about specific issues with the RLC (including Nancy Mace and Richard Cash).
The RLC recently backed Mark Sanford and was an early backer of Ted Cruz in Texas and Mike Lee in Utah during their primaries.
The endorsement will be announced in a series of press conferences across South Carolina on Wednesday.
Lee Bright will be speaking at each and will be available to talk to voters and the press.
Clemson political science professor Dave Woodard conducted a poll recently and found only 31 percent of South Carolina’s Republicans plan to vote to re-elect Graham, regardless of who else was in the race.
Last week the Greenville County GOP, the largest and most influential party in the state, joined other county parties to officially censure Senator Graham. The censure resolution cites 29 points where Graham is said to have strayed from or violated the GOP platform, sided with Democrats, and openly ridiculed members of his own party.
*The Republican Liberty Caucus is a nationwide grassroots organization founded in 1991 to advance free markets, limited government, and individual liberty within the Republican Party. More about the RLC can be found at www.rlc.org. More about the South Carolina chapter can be found at www.rlcsc.org. Joshua Cook, the author of this article is the Chairman of the RLC Greenville Chapter.
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- Exclusive: SC Congressman Mark Sanford Talks “28 Pages”, Rand’s Filibuster, and the Rise of Liberty Caucus - May 28, 2015
- Sen. Lindsey Graham Knows “The Iranians Are Lying” From Working In A Pool Room - May 27, 2015
- Confirmed Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” in a Proxy War Against Assad - May 25, 2015
- Hillary Caught in an email lie, “youthful” O’Malley to announce presidential run - May 20, 2015
- ‘Graham Crackers': The Growing List Of Threats That Became Jokes - May 19, 2015
Origin Of ISIS
"Like" Ben Swann on Facebook