Gaza City- The 13th day of fighting in Gaza is by far the deadliest one yet with 100 Palestinians and 13 Israeli soldiers killed. In addition, one Israeli soldier was reportedly captured during intense fighting.
Israel lead a heavy attack backed by tanks and warplanes on one particular Gaza neighborhood known as hotbed location for missile attacks from Hamas fighters. The seven-hour attack by Israeli artillery and tank shells, followed by small-arms gun battles in the streets, left the district in ruins.
According to the Washington Post, there were bodies in the streets and gray-faced Palestinians being dug out of the rubble and stacked into ambulances. Thousands of residents had fled in the middle of the night, many barefoot.
About 3,000 Palestinians have a wounded and another 445 Palestinians, many of them women and children, have died in the nearly two-week-long offensive. The Israeli death toll is now higher than during the Israeli military’s 2009 incursion into Gaza, when 13 Israelis were killed.
More than 77 soldiers have entered hospitals countrywide, some of them seriously wounded.
Latest posts by Ben Swann (see all)
- Obama Administration Plans To Increase Overtime Pay For Some Five Million U.S. Workers - Jul 1, 2015
- 7th Black Church In South Carolina Burning Since Charleston Shooting - Jul 1, 2015
- Donald Trump’s 2016 Presidential Bid Soars, Polling Second In New Hampshire - Jun 25, 2015
- Senate Votes to Ban Waterboarding and Other Forms of Torture - Jun 17, 2015
- ISIS Seized 2,300 U.S. Armored Humvees, Possibly Worth 1 Billion Dollars - Jun 1, 2015