BenSwann.com has become TruthInMedia.com CLICK HERE to learn more.
Ben Swann here, breaking down the new bi-partisan budget compromise by Republican House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan and Democratic Senate Budget Chairman Patty Murray.
The budget will avoid possible government shutdowns in January of next year and October of 2014 as well. How to accomplish this? Through compromise.
So here is what they are proposing. The big picture here, to reduce the federal deficit by $23 billion dollars over the next 10 years without raising taxes. President Obama praised the bi-partisan compromise, and yet, is it true that taxes will not be raised? Not quite.
The plan calls for raises in “fees”. Yes fees. So for instance, the plan reportedly calls for increases in higher airline fees, which if that is the case, is a tax.
But even so this bill is all about getting spending under control right?
Here is the best part. Remember in 2011 something called the Budget Control Act? you would probably remember it as the “Sequester”. Sequester cuts were set up to create automatic spending cuts balanced between cutting defense spending and domestic spending.
Part of the plan to reduce $23 billion dollars in spending over 10 years is to first do away with those pesky automatic sequester cuts to the tune of $65 billion dollars.
So when you hear all the discussion from media over the next few days about this issue, please, allow me to make this simple. The great bi-partisan budget compromise from Congressman Paul Ryan and Senator Patty Murray attempts to reduce the federal deficit without raising taxes but by charging taxpayers fees.
Ultimately, it will cut $23 billion dollars in spending over the next 10 years but will do so by increasing spending by $65 billion dollars right now.
Latest posts by Ben Swann (see all)
- Fmr CIA Deputy Director: Drones Do Radicalize But “No Other Alternative” - May 20, 2015
- Calling for a Boycott of Israel a Hate Crime? Canada May Be About To Say “Yes” - May 19, 2015
- USA Freedom Act Passes Congress, Rep. Amash says It Will NOT End Bulk Data Collection - May 13, 2015
- Journalist: Media is Protecting Obama Admin and CIA Brass on Bin Laden Death Story - May 13, 2015
- Jeffrey Sterling Gets 3 Years in Prison, David Petraeus No Prison Time For Worse Crime - May 12, 2015
"Like" Ben Swann on Facebook