Open Carry Texas is a grassroots organization that seeks to educate the public about open carry in order to get public support for the next legislative session.
The organization’s website states: Open Carry Texas (OCT) is an organization dedicated to the safe and legal carry of firearms openly in the State of Texas in accordance with the United States and Texas Constitution and applicable laws.
Open Carry Texas has gained much attention recently. Benswann.com’s Kristin Tate reported on a peaceful 2nd Amendment rally they organized last week.
According to the Open Carry Texas Facebook page the two men arrested were upgraded to class A misdemeanor charges, criminal trespass with deadly weapon.
Joshua Cook asked Vice President and Chief Communications Officer Victoria Montgomery about what happened today. Listen to the exclusive interview below.
Our purpose is to 1) educate all Texans about their right to openly carry rifles and shotguns in a safe manner; 2) to condition Texans to feel safe around law-abiding citizens that choose to carry them; 3) encourage our elected officials to pass less restrictive open carry legislation for all firearms, especially pistols; and (4) foster a cooperative relationship with local law enforcement in the furtherance of these goals with an eye towards preventing negative encounters.
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- Fact Check: Marco Rubio Lies About Mexico Trade Deficit - Jul 29, 2015
- Twenty22Many Campaign Promotes Cannabis As Treatment For PTSD Veterans In Washington - Jul 22, 2015
- Exclusive: Curtis Ellis Says Trans-Pacific Partnership Is “Not Over!” - Jul 14, 2015
- City Council Passes Gun Ban On S.C. State Capitol Grounds - Jul 10, 2015
- S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley Signs Bill To Remove Confederate Flag From State Capitol - Jul 9, 2015