The tech giant’s automated pal Siri has gone libertarian. It’s not immediately clear why. However, if you ask Siri, “Siri, what are your political views?” The answer may surprise you. She’ll direct you straight to Ron Paul’s Wikipedia page.
At first thought one would surely attribute this to simple cookie tracking. Cookies allow businesses and tech companies to track your internet activity in order to better align you with search results, advertisements, etc.
Many people restored their phones to factory settings to rebut the cookie argument and ended up with the same result.
No word yet on why Siri has changed her political views. Perhaps it has something to do with U.S. Senator Rand Paul’s strong defense of Apple during a recent congressional hearing.
Hundreds of others have noticed the same… Try it out to see for yourself.
UPDATE: Shortly after this story detailing Siri’s political ideology went viral Apple switched off Siri’s Libertarian leanings.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- Senior Obama Adviser: “We need to tell people the truth about UFOs” - Feb 15, 2015
- Jesus Christ, Valentine’s Day, The State, And Nullification: How They’re Related - Feb 14, 2015
- Rand Paul slams biased reporter on vaccines, running for President and more (FULL VIDEO) - Feb 3, 2015
- “What the Fu**!” Jon Stewart Bashes Obama For France Absence - Jan 14, 2015
- Ted Cruz responds to Romney’s 2016 plans - Jan 14, 2015