Across the nation yesterday and likely all throughout this weekend, local law enforcement will be putting up DUI checkpoints. The idea behind these checkpoints is that they help to get drunk drivers off of the roads. Unfortunately, time and again we see that these checkpoints do very little in that regard while managing to trample over the constitutional rights of sober drivers.
Today, I was alerted by a viewer to this video as he asked for help sharing it. It was taken not even 24 hours ago by a young man in Rutherford County, TN by the name of Chris Kalbaugh. Chris was stopped at one of these checkpoints last night and as you will see in the video he complied with the law. The whole time Chris was recording his encounter with police. Over and over his constitutional rights were violated and once again he was told the same thing so many of us have heard over and over: that we must sacrifice our liberty for safety. In Chris’ case, none of the conduct by police in this video made him or anyone else on the roadways in Rutherford County any safer.
Here is the video and a quote from the Rutherford County Libertarians Facebook page:
“As we speak, video of police abuse here in Rutherford County is being viewed by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world, thanks to reddit picking it up. Concerned citizens are flooding the phone lines and email inboxes of the local sheriff’s office, police department, and highway patrol. Hats off to fellow member Chris Kalbaugh for asserting his constitutional rights.”
Latest posts by Ben Swann (see all)
- Obama Administration Plans To Increase Overtime Pay For Some Five Million U.S. Workers - Jul 1, 2015
- 7th Black Church In South Carolina Burning Since Charleston Shooting - Jul 1, 2015
- Donald Trump’s 2016 Presidential Bid Soars, Polling Second In New Hampshire - Jun 25, 2015
- Senate Votes to Ban Waterboarding and Other Forms of Torture - Jun 17, 2015
- ISIS Seized 2,300 U.S. Armored Humvees, Possibly Worth 1 Billion Dollars - Jun 1, 2015