Michigan business leaders and the Republican establishment are putting money behind Brian Ellis to primary Rep. Justin Amash. They are unfairly blaming Amash for causing the Government shut down and criticizing his attempt to defund Obamacare.
On a local West Michigan radio show, Ellis said he is challenging Rep. Amash because his votes are not conservative enough, citing the Keystone Pipeline, the Paul Ryan budget, etc.
As Benswann.com’s Michael Lofti noted last month, Amash has a spotless record when it comes to core conservative values.
Ellis’ bizarre comment has sparked controversy in this heated race and is getting different reactions throughout the political spectrum.
“He’s the gold standard of principled constitutionalism in Congress,” Dean Clancy told The Hill. Clancy is the vice president of public policy at FreedomWorks and said, “We have heard that the K Street establishment wants to knock him off — and we intend to defend him punch-for-punch.”
The accusation of Amash’s voting record not being conservative conjured up a reaction from Amash himself who called the radio station to defend his record. Listen below.
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- Beer and Politics: Josh Cook Reviews Three IPAs and the GOP Race - Aug 26, 2015
- Exclusive Video: Ted Cruz Praises Donald Trump - Aug 25, 2015
- COOK: Ron Paul’s Endorsement of Rand Paul: Will Liberty Lovers Follow Suit? - Aug 18, 2015
- Oath Keepers: Americans “Are Being Given A False Choice” In Calming Ferguson Tension - Aug 14, 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: Oath Keepers Reportedly Attacked By Law Enforcement And Rioters - Aug 12, 2015