This video was sent to me to demonstrate what happens when a Sheriff’s deputy who respects the Constitution is sent out to an open carry demonstration.
According to Truth Seeker Daily, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Deputy arrived on the scene after his department received calls from the public about a small group of men demonstrating along side a busy street. The men were open carrying firearms and holding home made signs.
“We saw the Oakland County Sheriff car pull up so we all took out our camera-phones right away, anticipating trouble. This officer gets out of his car, waves to us, and walks right over. He shakes all of our hands, introduces himself, and states his purpose for walking over to us.”
Too often we show videos of police and sheriff’s deputies who are failing to recognize the Constitutional rights of protestors. When a law enforcement officer demonstrates his commitment to the rule of law, it should be pointed out. If for no other reason than to remind other law enforcement of how to treat those whom they are sworn to serve.
Latest posts by Ben Swann (see all)
- Reality Check: Petraeus Pushes Lawmakers To Support Al Qaeda Fighters Against ISIS - Sep 3, 2015
- Reality Check: Are Democratic Debates ‘Rigged’ For Hillary Clinton? - Sep 1, 2015
- Reality Check: Why Aren’t Shootings Sparking Debate Over Anti-Depressants? - Aug 27, 2015
- Reality Check: ‘Anchor Babies’ And Trump’s U.S. Citizenship Claims - Aug 26, 2015
- Reality Check: Is Supporting Corporate Welfare A Conservative Position? - Aug 18, 2015