Yesterday, Billy E. Wilson, the mayor of Greenbrier, TN, was arrested after an extensive investigation, which proved he had been stealing money from the local “Toys For Tots” charity. Every year individuals flood the streets and grocery stores in the small Tennessee town asking for donations, which are supposed to be used to purchase Christmas toys for young children who cannot afford them.
Greenbrier residents say they have been suspecting Mayor Wilson of misconduct for years. According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), Mayor Wilson has been placing the donated money in to his personal account since 2005.
Mayor Wilson has been booked into the local county jail on $5k bond with one count of official misconduct and one count of theft over $60k.
Tennessee was recently ranked as the “most corrupt” state in the country. A title, which Mayor Wilson, has helped to secure. The TBI is currently continuing their investigation.
Follow Michael Lotfi on Twitter: @MichaelLotfi
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- LOTFI: Parents, Quit Blaming Millennials For Your Sins - Aug 26, 2015
- VIDEO: Journalists murdered on live TV during interview, suspect identified - Aug 26, 2015
- Obama Gives Biden Blessing For 2016 Presidential Run - Aug 25, 2015
- Latest Poll Shows Trump Beating Clinton In Key Swing State - Aug 19, 2015
- Subway’s Jared pleads guilty: Sex with a minor and child pornography - Aug 19, 2015