Leaked documents now show what we all suspected: the NSA can turn your iPhone’s microphone and camera on and off without you knowing.
According to Der Spiegel’s website:
“The NSA’s ANT division develops implants for mobile phones and SIM cards. One of these is a spyware implant called “DROPOUTJEEP” — designed for the first generation of iPhones — which was still in development in 2008, shortly after the iPhone’s launch. This spyware was to make it possible to remotely download or upload files to a mobile phone. It would also, according to the catalog, allow the NSA to divert text messages, browse the user’s address book, intercept voicemails, activate the phone’s microphone and camera at will, determine the current cell site and the user’s current location, “etc.” ANT’s technicians also develop modified mobile phones, for use in special cases that look like normal, standard devices, but transmit various pieces of information to the NSA — that can be swapped undetected with a target’s own mobile phone or passed to informants and agents. In 2008, ANT had models from Eastcom and Samsung on offer, and it has likely developed additional models since.”
See leaked document below:
According to the report, the NSA intercepts shipments that are ordered online and spyware is manually installed on their target’s iPhone.
The NSA claims a 100 percent success rate when it comes to implanting iOS devices with spyware, reports The Daily Dot.
Journalist and security researcher Jacob Appelbaum asks important questions in the video below.
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- New Kalash On Sale in U.S. Markets: “Russian Heritage- American Innovation” - Jul 1, 2015
- Video: Brawl Gets Bloody At The SC Confederate Flag Memorial - Jul 1, 2015
- Exclusive: Dr. Thomas DiLorenzo Discusses Hamilton’s Curse And Hamilton Fan Boys - Jun 29, 2015
- Peacekeeper App Creates New Kind of Emergency Response - Jun 26, 2015
- SC Libertarian Steve French Speaks On Confederate Flag Removal - Jun 26, 2015