Leaked documents now show what we all suspected: the NSA can turn your iPhone’s microphone and camera on and off without you knowing.
According to Der Spiegel’s website:
“The NSA’s ANT division develops implants for mobile phones and SIM cards. One of these is a spyware implant called “DROPOUTJEEP” — designed for the first generation of iPhones — which was still in development in 2008, shortly after the iPhone’s launch. This spyware was to make it possible to remotely download or upload files to a mobile phone. It would also, according to the catalog, allow the NSA to divert text messages, browse the user’s address book, intercept voicemails, activate the phone’s microphone and camera at will, determine the current cell site and the user’s current location, “etc.” ANT’s technicians also develop modified mobile phones, for use in special cases that look like normal, standard devices, but transmit various pieces of information to the NSA — that can be swapped undetected with a target’s own mobile phone or passed to informants and agents. In 2008, ANT had models from Eastcom and Samsung on offer, and it has likely developed additional models since.”
See leaked document below:
According to the report, the NSA intercepts shipments that are ordered online and spyware is manually installed on their target’s iPhone.
The NSA claims a 100 percent success rate when it comes to implanting iOS devices with spyware, reports The Daily Dot.
Journalist and security researcher Jacob Appelbaum asks important questions in the video below.
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE: Ted Cruz Explains Why Ron Paul Supporters Are Working On His 2016 Run - Aug 31, 2015
- Beer and Politics: Josh Cook Reviews Three IPAs and the GOP Race - Aug 26, 2015
- Exclusive Video: Ted Cruz Praises Donald Trump - Aug 25, 2015
- COOK: Ron Paul’s Endorsement of Rand Paul: Will Liberty Lovers Follow Suit? - Aug 18, 2015
- Oath Keepers: Americans “Are Being Given A False Choice” In Calming Ferguson Tension - Aug 14, 2015