BenSwann.com has become TruthInMedia.com CLICK HERE to learn more.
A corrections officer was caught assaulting a suspect in Florida this Tuesday. The disturbing incident was captured by a surveillance camera.
“You’re being treated how you’re acting. You’re acting like an [expletive], you’re being treated as an [expletive],” Officer Broaderick told DUI suspect James Duckworth.
Duckworth was being held at the Marion County Jail and had to be restrained for allegedly “being difficult.” He suddenly expelled something from his lips — from the video footage, it is unclear if the suspect intentionally spit at the officer.
Whether or not the “spit” was intentional, it infuriated Broaderick. He screamed, “You don’t spit at officers!” Next, the officer grabbed Duckworth’s neck and slammed his head into a concrete wall. Blood smeared all around the suspect’s head. Duckworth lost consciousness soon thereafter.
Watch the incident unfold in the video below:
Subsequent to the event, Broaderick was arrested and charged with assault. The officer spent a total of 13 minutes in jail — he was released after posting $2,000 bail and currently remains on unpaid leave.
From what we can observe in the video, is it safe to say this is an example of police brutality?
Latest posts by Kristin Tate (see all)
- BREAKING: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to Resign - Apr 10, 2014
- Harvard Law Prof. Alan Dershowitz to Defend Justina Pelletier - Apr 4, 2014
- VIDEO: Cop Breaks High School Student’s Arm - Mar 28, 2014
- State Awarded “Permanent” Custody Of Justina Pelletier - Mar 26, 2014
- Michelle Obama Bans Media Questions During China Trip - Mar 20, 2014
"Like" Ben Swann on Facebook